Kyan absolutely loves cantaloupes. He'll eat them all day if you let him. Here's 3 of his favorite foods in one easy package. We serve this after lunch or for a cool-off-from-the-summer-heat Snack Time.
CANTALOUPE HONEY YOGURT POPSICLE
Makes 12 popsicles
1/2 small cantaloupe, seeds removed, diced
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon raw wild honey (we got some rich delicious local honey from our recent road trip through Durango.)
1/2 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt (we used fage full fat)
1. Rub some olive oil into molds with a small brush. This helps to release the popsicles when it's frozen.
2. Put cantaloupe into blender with water and blend. We use our faithful Blendtec.
3. Mix honey and yogurt together. Set aside
3. Layer yogurt and cantaloupe juice. Spoon one tablespoon yogurt honey into mold, pour cantaloupe juice into popsicle molds. Repeat. Leave tiny bit of room for liquid to expand when frozen. Freeze on level surface for at least 6 hrs.
4. After popsicles are completely frozen, run some room temp water on the underside of the mold to melt the popsicles slightly for easier demold.