The last month of 2015 went by in a total blur. Eunice, my 2nd cousin, arrived from Singapore and we got to spend time together and got to know her a little better. December is filled with traditions and adventures for us. Here are some things that I want to remember as we close out 2015.
1. Making Christmas cookies with little children is something I absolutely love love love doing. So glad I managed to squeeze it in before the year ended. We tried a spelt/almond hybrid that turned out fabulous. Comment below if you'd like the recipe.
2. Road trip to Sedona for Christmas. Beeswax modeling in the car and Kevin takes it super seriously, using his tyre pressure gauge to carve out, what we believe to be, a tiger? Kyan made a swan and a family of alligators. Mine turned out to be Tiptoes Lightly, the forest fairy from Red Downs's endearing book series.
3. We have been skipping decoration in our home since we spend Christmas in Sedona with grandparents. At least that's how we justify it. Next year, I am getting our own tree.
4. The most expensive chilli. Absolutely delicious.
5. It's official. Kyan skis solo.
6. Snow day with our buddies at Arizona Snow Bowl. The key to happy kids in snow - Snacks, warm clothes, lots of patience and positive energy.
7. Christmas eve at Red Rock Crossing with buddies, Sedona AZ.
8. Keeping traditions. Juju (and Eunice) makes Italian sausage and peppers.
9. Kevin passing down his grandmother's Pizzelles making tradition to the little ones.
10. Christmas morning Kyan tiptoed into my room while everyone was still sleeping "Mommy, Santa was here! And he brought me the polar express train and A L O T of presents!" He proceeds to tell Poppy he wants to grow up to be as tall as Santa.
11. Christmas Day tradition - Hike. Long Canyon Trail, Sedona.
12. VIP seating at Kevin's New Year's Eve countdown fireworks show with Eunice. The busiest, craziest day of the year for him and he still remembered to take care of us. Just like he said, it was a BIG-ass finale.